Book Week 2013 Writing Contest
Do you love to write? Are you in Grade 4 to 12? If so, enter the Book Week 2013 Writing Contest!
Young writers from across Canada, in grades 4 to 12, are invited to submit their stories and/or poems (fiction or non-fiction) to theBook Week 2013 Writing Contest for Kids & Teens. Judging is done by noted writers from across Canada and one winner from each grade will receive a $250 gift certificate for the bookstore of his or her choice. Two honourable mentions from each grade category will also receive $50 gift certificates. The deadline for submissions is February 1, 2013.
Winning entries will be posted here on the Book Week website on May 8, 2013 during TD Canadian Children’s Book Week 2013.
- Entries must be postmarked by February 1, 2013. They do not have to be received by this date.
- Entrants must be in Grades 4 to 12 at the time of the contest deadline.
- Entries must be written in English and must not exceed 1,500 words.
- All entries must be original content.
- Multiple entries are allowed and can be mailed together in one envelope.
- All entries must include a fully complete ENTRY FORM.*
- Please staple one entry form to each story/poem being submitted; do not use paperclips, binder clips, folders or duotangs.
- Entries may be handwritten or typed.
- No faxed or emailed entries will be accepted.
- Due to the large volume of entries, we cannot acknowledge receipt of entry.
- Contest open to residents of Canada only.
- Winners will be announced on May 8, 2013 during TD Canadian Children's Book Week 2013.
MAIL ENTRIES TO:Writing Contest
c/o The Canadian Children's Book Centre
Suite 217, 40 Orchard View Blvd
For more information about the Book Week 2013 Writing Contest, please contact Shannon Howe Barnes at 416.975.0010 ext. 227 firstname.lastname@example.org.
View original website:http://www.bookweek.ca/book-week/2013/book-week-2013-writing-contest